Foodie Friday – Golden Beet Pilaf with Chicken and Goat Cheese
As you know, HelloFresh was generous enough to send me one of their Classic Boxes for review. David and I loved all three recipes, but my favorite was the Golden Beet Pilaf with Chicken and Goat Cheese.
We enjoyed the recipes so much, I’ve already made two of them again!
But because I wasn’t able to find golden beets in my local grocery store, I had to use red beets. (And that explains why my rice is red in the last two pictures!)
Aside from the pretty pink color, the red beets didn’t change the taste of the recipe at all. It was just as delicious the second time as it was the first!
I hope you will give this recipe a try, and tell me what you think in the comments below!
And, don’t forget HelloFresh is offering A Room for Two with a View readers a coupon code for $30 off their first HelloFresh order!
- 12 oz Chicken Thighs, skinned and removed from bone
- 1 C Arugula
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 Clove Garlic, diced
- 3 Golden Beets, washed, peeled and diced (Red work fine, too.)
- 2 oz Goat Cheese
- 1 Lemon
- 1 oz Sliced Almonds
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 1 t Corander
- 2 1/2 T Olive Oil
- Put the stock cube into the pot with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Dissolve the stock cube and transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Cut the tops off of the beets and dice into 1/2-inch cubes and chop the garlic. Halve the lemon and cut the red pepper into strips.
- In the same pot, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat and cook the beets for 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic, coriander, and rice then add the stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Trim the chicken if necessary and cut into bite-size pieces and season with salt and pepper. Toast the almonds in a pan over medium-high heat, shaking the pan often, for 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep the pan on the stove.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in the pan and cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through.
- When the rice is cooked, remove from the heat and add the chicken. Let it sit, covered, for 5 minutes. In a bowl, toss the arugula and red pepper strips with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Plate the rice and tip it with crumbled goat cheese, toasted almonds and arugula.
- Nutrition (est);
- Calories: 795
- Carbs: 93g
- Fat: 27g
- Protein: 45g
I love a party, so if you’d like to keep up with my Linky parties, as well as what David and I are doing, please subscribe to my RSS Feed.
**This is a recipe blog hop, so please only link recipes. All other links will be removed without prejudice.
While you’re here, be sure to enter my giveaway for a jar of all-natural, Vegan and cruelty-free Ellovi Body Butter! Contest is happening now through July16th!